Eat and drink like a local and, give back to the city!
EAT ONE FEED ONE PINTXO TOUR
If you travel for food, and are keen on a sustainable way of travelling, this tour is for you. Visiting San Sebastian and not go on a pintxos tour, is like not coming at all.
Join this local tradition of going from bar to bar, tasting delicious food and understand why they're not tapas, they're better! 😉
By joining the tour you'll also donate a meal to the local soup kitchen.
ECO FARM TOUR & TASTING
If you're interested in eco farming, organic food, social integration and want to taste this season's veggies, this tour is for you.
Start with a light breakfast and hop on a short train ride, out of the city, for a breath of fresh, organic, vegetable orchard air!
By joining this tour you'll support Agifes, the local association working towards social integration for people with intellectual disabilities.
JUST DESSERTS TOUR
If you have sweet tooth, you have found the ideal tour for you. Discover three different neighbourhoods as you eat and drink your way through town tasting, the most delicate desserts, the most rustic and traditional pastries to the modern desserts this city has to offer. And yes there's wine involved too!
By joining this tour you'll also donate a meal to Zaporeak, a local association cooking wholesome meals for refugees.
What you won't get
- Ok, we hate the word 'tour', we don't like big groups following a person with flag like zombies, wearing headphones, listening to boring facts. You won't get that here. We've created food tours for anti-tour people.
- You will not get massive groups. We don't do big busses pointing out at sights.
- You will not get touristy pub crawls.
- You will not get bad or just off the counter food. You can do that on your own. Also we have no personal deals with bars so you get to taste what we truly think is the most delicious food.
What you will get
- Carefully crafted food stories. We mean you'll visit, local bars, old pastry shops with charming and not so charming vendors.
- Taste delicious food as you hear the stories behind the places we visit, meet the vendors and the people that make San Sebastian such an amazing city. There's a reason why this city is referred to as a foodie mecca!
- Tips. You will get all the knowledge to feel comfortable and navigate the city like a pro. Get the tips on where to go, what to visit, where to keep eating and make the best of your time in the Basque Country.
- Real culture! We're telling you this place is fascinating. Basque history is unique. This whole place is unique and the food...ah this will be the gateway for you to fall in love with the city and its people.
We've created experiences that we'd like to go on when we travel. We want to give you the gift of experiencing San Sebastian and the Basque Country, like you would do with a friend who just happens to know a lot about food and has great stories. And hey! Sharing is caring, if you have a recommendation of an amazing food tour drop us a line, we want to go too!
“Do we really want to travel in hermetically sealed popemobiles through the rural provinces of France, Mexico and the Far East, eating only in Hard Rock Cafes and McDonald’s? Or do we want to eat without fear, tearing into the local stew, the humble taqueria’s mystery meat, the sincerely offered gift of a lightly grilled fish head?” – A Bourdain