Eat One Feed One Food Tours- COVID 19 Update- September 2020
I hope you and your loved ones are well and safe. That you’ve had a chance to slow down, appreciate and be grateful for the many positives in life!
We’re here to inspire you to travel in a kinder and more sustainable way from now on!
We’re also here to say we’re continuing to monitor the COVID-19 crisis and following the directives of the provincial and federal government. Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez announced on June 14 that Spain will ¨reopen its borders with all European Union and Schengen-area countries on June 21. Travelers from outside the European Union and the Schengen free-travel area will be permitted to enter Spain from July 1, the prime minister explained, provided there is a reciprocal agreement on travel and taking into account the epidemiological situation in the country of origin, among other factors.¨ Click here to read more on ‘El País’ in english.
As San Sebastian is reopening we’re working hard to adapt our food tours. Our number one priority is the safety of our guests and vendors we work with.
Safety: what we’re doing to keep you safe
- Small groups, maximum 4 people during the initial period.
- Private groups are encouraged, these can be larger.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided to guests at all stops.
- Face masks are required when not eating or drinking.
- We’ll make sure that the restaurants, bars, vendors and other locals we encounter are compliant with the safety guidelines.
- We have reinforced our commitment to safety with the development of health protocols in line with the operational considerations for COVID19 risk management issued by relevant health authorities, namely, the Spanish government, the Basque government, the World Health Organization and the European Centre for Disease Control and Prevention with regards to restaurants, tours and trip operations.
Adapting and reinventing
We were born from a love of food, travel and a commitment to create a positive social impact in San Sebastian. Maybe even inspire you to travel in a more sustainable way! We’re on our way to changing how tourism can work, creating value and delivering as best we can, and today, we’re reinventing ourselves!
We know you miss traveling and you’re probably awaiting your next adventure. Whilst you wait for this day to arrive, from Eat One Feed One, we bring you a way of traveling from home!
Here are the different ways you can relive your experience in San Sebastian or experience it for the first time!
- Travel to the Basque Country through a virtual Chocolate & Wine Tasting! Enjoy 2 different bottles of local Basque wines paired with award-winning local chocolates incorporating Basque flavours and history. For each box of wine and chocolate you enjoy, one meal will also be donated to the Zaporeak kitchen project,
- Get inspired and cook a Spanish Tortilla at home, or a classic dessert called Torrija. I’m telling you, this will brighten up your day! Click here to see both videos and cook along with me!
- Watch the SAN SEBASTIAN AT HOME FESTIVAL I organized together with other guides and vendors through Instagram. All our live videos are saved for you to watch and get inspired to plan your next trip!
- Buy a tote bag Get a piece of San Sebastian, and buy one of these tote bags we’ve designed! These bags, t-shirts and sweatshirts are linked to Zaporeak Proeiktua. They cook wholesome meals for refugees in Greece and are still working hard at it! So for every bag purchased we will donate a meal to them. The designs are cool versions of the Eat One Feed One logo and our favourite words in Basque language.
Online experiences: Join our virtual tours!
Enjoy San Sebastian from the comfort of your home. Travel through a Chocolate & Wine Tasting, or through a cooking class: including the famous San Sebastian cheesecake or a classic pintxos cooking class!
Send us a message if you’d like to join any of our online experiences!
Support who we support
- Buy a gift card or two with no expiration date!
- Donate to the associations we collaborate with: Caritas, Zaporeak Proiektua, Agifes.
- If you’ve done a tour with us before, writing a review on TripAdvisor and Google right will really help us stay alive online!
Wishing you the very best,
Cristina, Eat One Feed One