Eat One Feed One Food Tours- COVID 19 Update- June 2020
I hope you and your loved ones are well and safe. We hope you’ve had the chance to slow down and appreciate the many good things we have! I also hope you feel inspired to travel in a kinder and more sustainable way!
We’re here to say we’re continuing to monitor the COVID-19 crisis and following the directives of the provincial and federal government. Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez announced on June 14 that Spain will ¨reopen its borders with all European Union and Schengen-area countries on June 21. The United Kingdom is still considered an EU member state given that it is in a transition period and enjoys full membership rights. Travelers from outside the European Union and the Schengen free-travel area will be permitted to enter Spain from July 1, the prime minister explained, provided there is a reciprocal agreement on travel and taking into account the epidemiological situation in the country of origin, among other factors.¨ Click here to read more on ‘El País’ in english.
As San Sebastian is reopening we’re working hard to adapt our food tours. Our number one priority is the safety of our guests and vendors we work with.
Safety: what we’re doing to keep you safe
- Small groups, maximum 4 people during the initial period.
- Private groups are encouraged, these can be larger.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided to guests.
- Face masks are required when social distancing cannot be guaranteed and when in public transport.
- We’ll make sure that the restaurants, bars, vendors and other locals we encounter are compliant with the safety guidelines.
- We have reinforced our commitment to safety with the development of health protocols in line with the operational considerations for COVID19 risk management issued by relevant health authorities, namely , the Spanish government, the Basque government, the World Health Organization and the European Centre for Disease Control and Prevention with regard to restaurants and tours and trip operations.
Adapting and reinventing
We were born from a love of food, travel and a commitment to create a positive social impact in San Sebastian. Maybe even inspire you to travel in a more sustainable way! We’re on our way to changing how tourism can work, creating value and delivering as best we can, and today, we’re reinventing ourselves!
We know you miss traveling and you’re probable awaiting your next adventure. Whilst you wait for this day to arrive, from Eat One Feed One, we bring you a way of traveling from home!
Here are the different ways you can relive your experience in San Sebastian or experience it for the first time!
- Get inspired and cook a Spanish Tortilla at home, or a classic dessert called Torrija. I’m telling you, this will brighten up your day! Click here to see both videos and cook along with me!
- Watch the SAN SEBASTIAN AT HOME FESTIVAL I organized together with other guides and vendors through Instagram. All our live videos are saved for you to watch and get inspired to plan your next trip!
- Buy a tote bag Get a piece of San Sebastian, and buy one of these tote bags I’ve designed! These bags, t-shirts and sweatshirt are linked to Zaporeak Proeiktua. They cook wholesome meals for refugees in Greece and are still working hard at it! So for every bag purchased we will donate a meal to them. The designs are cool versions of the Eat One Feed One logo and my favourite words in Basque language.
We are currently working on several online experiences, which will include a cooking class, a virtual city tour, a virtual farm tour and an online Chocolate & Wine Tasting. You can see on our instagram highlighted stories how our first experience went. This will be a chance for you to enjoy San Sebastian from the comfort of your home. Please drop me a line if you would like to join any of the upcoming online experiences!